Sunday, December 28, 2008

Why Bother?

Many people ask me, why bother, I can't stop stress so why should I take care of myself now instead of dealing with the aftermath later?
It's unrealistic to expect to have no stress in your life. We all have it. Processing stress, reacting to it, making poor choices are the problem-not the stress itself.
It's so much easier for many to fix what's broken than to anticipate preventative methods of staying healthy and dying quickly at the end of life rather than living sickly for a decade at life's end.
Why not take medicines to fix yourself later?
BECAUSE YOU HAVE A CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe when you're 70, you'll look back and say "I did what I could, helped ensure that I'll see my grandchildren grow up, enjoy the freedom of growing old and not worrying about what others say about me"- you get the picture.
In Americans younger than 65, stress is said to cause half of all deaths. WOW- if you aren't scared of stats like this, contact me immediately-i want to borrow your blinders for a while.
Just change one thing and see what happens, start today to invest in your health account, just like a bank account, but with better returns...
Pick from one of the ideas below and sit back AND WATCH!!!

DO ONE OF THESE EVERY DAY FOR TWO WEEKS:

1. Smile while driving (use a post it note on your dash as a reminder)
2. Smile while yelling at someone on the phone (post it on phone)
3. Take a 10 minute daily walk after a meal of your choice
4. Put quarters in meters that are about to run out as you walk past
5. Write a letter with pen and paper
6. Pet a dog
7. Lick the plate
8. Take a 20 minute nap
9. Don't answer the phone for one hour a day
10. Color with crayons for five minutes

No comments: